Saturday, November 1, 2008

My babies are growing up...

and its bittersweet. :( Shorty is performing tonight with his Chorus class. They are singing the National Anthem at a Carolina Stingrays game. They had to wear black slacks, black shoes and a white long sleeve collared shirt. They were given blue bow ties and cummerbunds by the teacher to wear as well. I thought they were going to get those at the coliseum where they are performing but she sent them home with the kids yesterday so I got to see him all dressed up. Let me tell you, I started to get teary-eyed because I remember the little boy in footie pajamas standing on the kitchen counter, rummaging through the cupboard all too clearly! Here is a picture of him on his way out... My only regret is that we didn't get his hair cut this morning!

Photobucket

and for good measure, one of him with his Dad. If only his eyes had been open it would have been great to send to the Grandmas! Oh well... they might just get them anyway! LOL

Photobucket

WHEN did my baby get so tall? I realized tonight as I was giving him a kiss goodbye that the is almost as tall as I am now. *sigh* They just grow so fast!

On another note, I finished my amigurumi elephant this afternoon. DH quickly claimed it as his own and he tells me he is going to take it to work on Monday to put on his desk. *giggle* Its a little lopsided but here he is:

Photobucket

Off to work on Goblin's ghost! He wants one in black with red eyes to set on top of his computer monitor. He is certainly a weird one! I have made a few more ghosts now and think I have figured him out. The first one was just a little... well... off I guess is the word I'm looking for. I made one for Shorty using a variegated green that I had leftover from something else. It turned out really cute and he seems to like it.

2 comments:

Corey said...

Super cute Heat!

I got the frog pattern from a Gourmet Crochet pattern book. She sells them on eBay I think. :)

Corey

Diana said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! I know what you mean about kids growing up so quickly. It seems like yesterday that I had Kaylie. Love your Elephant - so cute! Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving!