Saturday, September 6, 2008

My first Tropical Storm Warning/Hurricane Watch!

Well this entire week has been a roller coaster of emotions for me! First of all, we survived Tropical Storm Hanna just fine. We ended up just getting lots of rain and some wind. To be honest we were lucky enough to not get hardly anything at all and to me it felt like some of the bigger thunder storms we've gotten since we got here. (can you believe we've been here almost a year already! WOW!)

Anyway, started out the week with a post on MSSN (Military Spouse Support Network, a link is over there in my favorite links for my fellow Military Spouses who might be reading this) asking what I thought about Hanna. Umm... I didn't even REALIZE there was a possibility that we were going to have it come through here at this point. So I googled her. Let's just say, PANIC was my first thought. Needless to say, not being from here I had no idea what to expect.

Poor DH didn't get to bed till after the crickets started to chirp again. I lasted until about midnight or so. At that point we had the thunder and lightening along with the wind and rain.

Thankfully, according to the National Hurricane Center's website Ike is headed towards Cuba and should loose some steam there and Josephine has been downgraded to a Tropical Depression. I certainly have a new appreciation for Mother Nature and her fury though!

I guess one good thing that has come out of all this is the fact that in clearing one of our storage sheds out (we have two closets attached to the house with doors to the outside) to be able to put the grill in there and out of the weather we found my tubs of fabric! YAY! I thought they had been taken to the storage unit we are renting off base but nope! It was here all along! So here's hoping I can get those couple quilts I had started before we left WA going again!

1 comment:

magickalstitches said...

Glad you survived our first Tropical Storm....now you know what I had to deal with with we were in FL ;) LOL YAY on finding the fabric too!!