Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Is it almost over?

I am exhausted! It started Friday with the Khaki ball. It was GREAT! I laughed so hard most of the night because the MC was just hilarious! He started out at the very beginning talking like Dr Evil (I swear he sounded *just* like him too! ) and I should have known then it was going to be an interesting night. At one point I turned to DH and said "Is he always like that or just when he has been drinking?" DH just laughs and says, "he's pretty much always like that and I think he might still be sober anyway." Then DH tells the whole table what I just asked and the guy on my other side leans over and says "I once heard him give an entire 3 hour lecture in perfect Scottish brogue"

Anyway,,, Saturday morning I got up to try to finish a baby layette for a baby shower that afternoon. Did I get it done? I literally finished the sweater as we were pulling up to the house! I felt bad, but I had embroidered a couple pre-fab bibs that morning and snagged one of the dresses I was originally gonna send to my sister for my neice so it wasn't a total gift. The shower started at 3, we got there at 3:30 and didn't get home till after 9 that night! Good news is, she *loved* the sweater and even showed her DH 3 times to make sure he saw it Evidentally the third time was the next morning because she wanted him to see it when he was sober.

Sunday morning we got up and took Boober to IHOP for her birthday breakfast (I can't believe she is 10 already! ). Shorty had spent the previous night at a friend's house and chose to stay home because there were a bunch of Apache helicopters that landed here last week sometime and he and his friend wanted to go see them. We drive by them on our way and yeah, they were cool, but I kinda wish he'd come with us for breakfast. OH well, his choice, right? Boober didn't seem to upset about it either so its all good. We got home and DH left to go watch football at his friend's house and I finished the baby booties and bonnet. I sent them with DH to work on Monday so I feel better about that.

Monday morning I had my Embroidery Club. It was so much fun! It was my first time so wasn't sure what to expect but this time we ended up using a new product to make patches out of the embroidery designs.

Tuesday I worked at NMCRS to cover a shift for someone who had to go home because someone in her family had passed away. Things were soooo busy! I had enough time to sit and take a breath before I had to move headlong into another case! I literally did not leave the office till 5 and we close at 4!

Today I thought I was going to be able to sleep in, but turns out DH made our appointment to get new ID cards at 8:30! So we got up and got that taken care of. I took Goblin to school because it was on my way to WalMart (I had to return the other 2 dresses I didn't choose for the Khaki Ball) and DH took the younger two to school because it was actually on his way back to work. I came home and threw something in the crock pot for dinner tonight because I didn't want to run into the same problem we did last night!

Tomorrow, ahhhh... I get to sleep in! Then Friday its back to NMCRS for my regular shift. Saturday I think will probably be a lazy day too. DH is going golfing on Sunday because both his team and the team of the guy who he invades every week have a bye. Priorities, huh?

Thanks for reading my ramble... Sorry to be so random... I'm just tired!

No comments: