Monday, August 4, 2008

Back to School!

WOW! I didn't think it was EVER going to happen, but the kids start back to school in 2 weeks! YAY! I have (so far) survived the summer with my sanity (mostly) intact! We went school clothes shopping this past weekend and took advantage of the tax free weekend. Spent about $100 each on Boober and Shorty and about $50 on Goblin. Boober and Shorty both got new shoes, whereas Goblin decided he didn't need them yet. He has gotten a few shirts over the summer so he is good on those for now, its the jeans he needed most! He has gotten so tall that we had to get him some 32x34 jeans to replace the 32x30 ones he currently has in his dresser! *giggle* He does have some 32x32 that still look ok on him, but I much prefer the 32x34 on him. Can't see his socks at all with those! In a couple weeks we plan to get their supplies and I tell you, I am NOT looking forward to THAT. *sigh* Its just gotten so expensive to buy the supplies as the years have gone on. The tissues I can see buying, but 3 of them? Then there is the hand sanitizer. I'm not a big fan of the stuff so I hate that its on the list. I don't usually buy it even though it is. There is also a pack of colored copy paper on Shorty's list... Oh well, it could be worse... I know people who have dry erase markers on their kids' lists!

One of my favorite quilt shops has a blog now and I hate to say it but looking through those posts and pictures makes me so homesick. You'd think it was the impending arrival of my sister and her partner's new baby or the arrival of one of my dearest friend's baby would do it, but nope... its the picture of Robert the bird at Aunt Mary's Quilt Shop that does. *sigh* I wanna go home!

Well... off to play some more with my embroidery machine! I'm making bibs today and I think I might try to add something to some hand towels I bought at the dollar store the other day.

Oh, and for good measure, I am gonna throw in a picture of the hubby in his uniform from the other night. The Chief's Mess had a Dining In and he had to wear his choker whites. Lemme just say this uniform is *the* reason I had to marry a man in the Navy! LMAO!

Photobucket

No comments: